Cutting the Prop aperture and boring out the hole for the stern-tube are intimidating jobs - you only get one chance to get it right. But it’s easier to tackle these tasks before the planking goes on, and I’ve had the help of a shipbuilding engineer to work out the best shape and size for these alarming new holes.
Also in this episode, I finally make the template for the final shape of the transom, and Pete fairs it into the rest of the hull very nicely - more-or-less completing the tedious but valuable fairing job. The shapes of the lower planks get lined out and marked on the frames in preparation for fastening the floors.
To become a Patron - https://www.patreon.com/sampsonboatco
To donate or support - http://sampsonboat.co.uk/support
- The 126ers - Gold Bug Island
- Craig MacArthur - Bird Therapist
- Freedom Trail Studio - River Changes
- Mini Vandals - Tacklebox Blues
- The Great North Sound Society - Corndogs in Santa Monica
- The 126ers - A Call Is Upon Us
- The Great North Sound Society - South Street Strut
- Dyalla - Cats and Gats