In this episode, we start to get the “hang” of the planking! The first quick job is to put the Stopwaters into the centreline seams - softwood dowels which will swell up and prevent water ingress. Then the first Angelique Garboard is hung, and is quickly followed by more Topside Planks and Broads.
Meanwhile, I jury-rig a circular saw to cut rolling bevels, which helps speed up cutting the planks out. The other guys get into the swing of riveting, with the help of a homemade “Dolly” (otherwise known as a “Bucking Iron”).
We are still speeding up, but by the end of the first 2 weeks of planking we have 12 planks on the boat, which I’m pretty happy with!
To become a Patron - https://www.patreon.com/sampsonboatco
To donate or support - http://sampsonboat.co.uk/support
- Black Terrier Blues - Mini Vandals
- This Or That - TrackTribe
- Salgre - Jimmy Fontanez / Media Right Productions
- Pale Rider Blues - Mini Vandals
- Boxcar Rag - Audionautix
- Cover Charge - TrackTribe
- Sailors Lament - Audionautix