In this episode we hang the last of the regular planks and start making “shutter planks” - the planks that fill a gap between already fastened areas of planking above and below. These require more careful patterning, but are extremely satisfying to hammer into place if they fit properly - but will they ?
Before we hang the very final plank (the Whisky Plank!) I trim the plank ends flush with the transom, which really visually transforms the boat. Finally the Whisky plank is hammered into place, and the crew celebrates with a well earned wee dram.
To become a Patron - https://www.patreon.com/sampsonboatco
To donate or support - http://sampsonboat.co.uk/support
- Dance of the Swan - Dowally https://dowally.bandcamp.com/
- Plank Spankin' Poncho - Fake Dave https://fakedave.bandcamp.com
- Coffee Jam - Fake Dave https://fakedave.bandcamp.com
- Sheep In A Stubble Field - Wayward Jane https://waywardjane.bandcamp.com
- The Queen Will See You - The Mini Vandals
- Blackest Crow - TrackTribe